No events to show
This series' recordings are offered on a Dāna basis (pay what you can afford). Once registered, you will receive an email with the link to the recordings and Dāna.
- Please click on Register to select any options available.
A chance to hear the recorded sessions of our Thinking Out Loud online series. Each week we will be releasing the recordings for the previous Sunday event.
- Your confirmation email will include a link to access both an audio (78MB) and 1 video recording (600MB) for the main session and an audio recording for the Q&A. This will also include a link to the handouts and homework.
- The video recordings contain stills of the teachers to protect the privacy of our students.
- This series' recordings are offered on a Dāna basis (pay what you can afford).
- The link to the Dāna can be found here or in your confirmation email. Select the currency of choice and select Online Series Dāna from the Event drop down list. If your local currency is not listed, you can still make a payment, the equivalent amount in your local currency will be deducted from your account, you can search online the current exchange rate. If nothing is specified in the notes provided, your donation will be equally split between the teachers and Bodhi College.
10th May at 4pm BST with follow-up discussion 14th May at 7pm BST
Knowledge, Insight, Embodiment
With Christina Feldman and Yuka Nakamura
The teaching on the three characteristics of anicca, dukkha and anatta are new to none of us. Intellectually we agree, experientially it is far more of a challenge to truly assimilate these teachings and live in the light of their implications. In moments when our lives are radically changed by conditions outside of our control we stand at a crossroads – we can react with fear and agitation or we can again discover the peace, calm and freedom found through our ability to embody the profundity of these teachings and have these understandings guide our speech, thought and acts.
CHRISTINA FELDMAN is a co-founder of Gaia House and a guiding teacher at Insight Meditation Society, Barre, Massachussetts. The author of a number of books, she has been teaching insight meditation retreats internationally since 1976. She is one of the teaching faculty of the CPP programme, dedicated to the study and application of the early teachings of the Buddha and is engaged in teaching the Buddhist psychological foundations of mindfulness to those training to teach mindfulness-based applications in England, Belgium and the Netherlands. Her most recent book Mindfulness: Ancient Wisdom Meets Modern Psychology, written with Willem Kuyken, was published in the summer of 2019.
Christina's outside schedule
YUKA NAKAMURA has practised Buddhist meditation in different traditions since 1993, has a PhD in Developmental Psychology and is a certified MBSR-teacher. Trained as a Buddhist meditation teacher by Fred von Allmen she teaches meditation at Beatenberg (Switzerland), Gaia House (UK), Insight Meditation Society (Barre, MA) and other places. Yuka offers MBSR-courses and MBI-trainings at the CFM Zentrum für Achtsamkeit (CH).