Friday Oct 6, 2023 - Wednesday Oct 11, 2023(Start time Fri 16:00 BST - End time Wed 12:00 BST) Ajahn Sucitto
30% deposit option available, once registered, please select 'pay deposit' at the checkout.
- £640.00 excl.
Although Dependent Origination (Paticcasamuppada) is often presented as a circle to which one is bound through lifetimes, the Buddha never presented this model. Instead, he referred to it as a ‘tangled skein’, a web and weave of conditions that bind the heart in the here and now.
In this retreat we will explore texts and practices that penetrate the knots in this weave.
This retreat is offered on a dana basis – you will be asked to make an additional monetary donation at the end of the course to support the livelihood of the teacher.
- For experienced practitioners
- Participants are asked to contribute 1 hour of work a day, in order to help with the running of the retreat
- Periods of silent meditation practice, as well as teachings and study
- Accommodation in shared and single rooms
- All meals included – vegetarian food with the possibility of catering for special diets
- On the last day, lunch will not be provided.
- If paying a deposit – balance to be paid no later than 4 weeks before the module starts
- A limited number of Bursary places are available for this course
AJAHN SUCITTO was born in London; he entered monastic life in Thailand in 1975 and since 1978 has lived in Britain. He has been teaching Dhamma since 1980, both in meditation retreats and in talks given regularly in monasteries. He has written a number of books and teaches worldwide. Since 1992 he has been the Sanghathera and senior incumbent of Cittaviveka monastery in West Sussex. Blog: Reflections