Friday Apr 22, 2022 - Wednesday Apr 27, 2022(Start time Fri 17:00 CEST - End time Wed 13:00 CEST) Christina Feldman, Jake Dartington
The fee does not contribute towards the livelihood of our teachers. You will be invited to offer teacher dana at the end of the course.
- Please click on Register to select any options available.
1. Executive Single: €690
2. Standard Single: €640
3. Double: €590
Please note that single rooms will be allocated on a first come first served basis, however we have reserved a limited number of single rooms for people with medical needs, for more details please contact our coordinator.
This Insight Meditation retreat will explore the Four Foundations of Mindfulness, as taught in the Satipatthana discourse given by the Buddha.
It is a profound teaching that encourages us to place the path of freedom and compassion in the classroom of our lives, nurturing a heart that is receptive and unshakeable.
Each day will offer a sustained schedule of formal meditation practice (both Insight and Metta), meetings with the teachers, talks and instructions, all within an underlying environment of silence.
This event is run in collaboration with the SIM in The Netherlands.
- Participants are asked to contribute 1 hour of work a day, in order to help with the running of the retreat
- Periods of silent meditation practice, as well as talks and meetings with teachers.
- All meals included – vegetarian food with the possibility of catering for special diets
Open to all - new and experienced practitioners alike.
- This retreat is offered on a dana basis – you will be asked to make an additional monetary donation at the end of the course to support the livelihood of the teacher
- If paying a deposit – balance to be paid no later than 4 weeks before the module start
- A limited number of Bursary places are available for this course
CHRISTINA FELDMAN is a co-founder of Gaia House and a guiding teacher at Insight Meditation Society, Barre, Massachussetts. The author of a number of books, she has been teaching insight meditation retreats internationally since 1976. She is one of the teaching faculty of the CPP programme, dedicated to the study and application of the early teachings of the Buddha and is engaged in teaching the Buddhist psychological foundations of mindfulness to those training to teach mindfulness-based applications in England, Belgium and the Netherlands. Her most recent book Mindfulness: Ancient Wisdom Meets Modern Psychology, written with Willem Kuyken, was published in the summer of 2019.
JAKE DARTINGTON has practised Buddhist meditation since 1995. After training as a Dharma teacher with Christina Feldman, he started teaching in 2007. He has a background in Philosophy and Buddhist Studies and has trained as a teacher of MBSR/MBCT. Jake lives in Nottingham where he teaches mindfulness and Insight Meditation.