Sunday Jul 10, 2022 - Friday Jul 15, 2022(Start time Sun 16:00 BST - End time Fri 13:00 BST) Jaya Rudgard
This fee contributes towards Bodhi College's overhead costs. You will be invited to offer teacher Dana at the end of the course
- £570.00 excl.
A retreat exploring the world of the Satipatthāna Sutta - the Buddha’s discourse on the four ways of establishing mindfulness - through the complementary practices of insight meditation and Qigong.
This mostly silent retreat will include teaching, guided and silent meditations, periods of movement and stillness, and opportunities for inquiry, sharing and discussion. We will make as much use of the opportunity to practise outdoors in the beautiful surroundings of Sharpham House as conditions permit.
Qigong is rooted in the contemplative and healing arts of ancient China. Like Buddhist teaching it is deeply respectful of our non-separateness from the world around us. It develops mindfulness and promotes physical health, mental clarity and emotional balance. It is suitable for all ages and levels of fitness and most health conditions and can be adapted to the needs of each practitioner.
- This retreat is offered on a dana basis – you will be asked to make an additional monetary donation at the end of the course to support the livelihood of the teacher.
- If paying a deposit – balance to be paid no later than 4 weeks before the module start
- A limited number of Bursary places are available for this course.
- Open to all – new and experienced practitioners alike
- Participants are asked to contribute 1 hour of work a day, in order to help with the running of the retreat
- Periods of silent meditation practice, as well as teachings and study
- All meals included – vegetarian food with the possibility of catering for special diets
JAYA RUDGARD began meditating in the 1980s and practised for eight years as a nun in the Thai Forest tradition in England with Ven. Ajahn Sumedho as her teacher. She is a graduate of the Insight Meditation Society/Spirit Rock Teacher Training and teaches Insight Meditation and mindfulness in the UK and internationally. Jaya is a qualified yoga teacher and a certified Holden Qigong instructor.