No events to show
Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th October
9:30 to 12 noon - Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
2.30 to 5.00 pm - British Summer Time (BST)
15:30 to 18:00 - Central European Summer Time (CEST)
In the earliest teachings found in the Buddhist tradition, mindfulness is never presented as a stand-alone quality nor as an end in itself. Instead, mindfulness is presented as a quality and capacity in human consciousness, that is cultivated and developed simultaneously with a number of other qualities. A significant part of this extended family are kindness, compassion, joyfulness and equanimity - qualities that can equally be cultivated and developed. Together they form a complete path of awakening in which greed, hatred and confusion can come to an end. Thus, allowing us to thrive, flourish and deepen as human beings - responsive to the world within us and the world around us.
During this online course we will reflect on some of the nuances of mindfulness, the ways that it functions to bring distress to an end, and how it interfaces with the qualities of the heart that liberate. Some of the teaching material will draw on Christina’s recent book, written with Willem Kukyen, Mindfulness: Ancient Wisdom Meets Modern Psychology.
There will be periods of teaching, peer discussion, meditation practice and time for questions and reflection.
It is expected that participants will attend the entire weekend.
This event is organised in cooperation with the Bhavana Community.
The course will consist of two live sessions taking place on Saturday and Sunday from:
- 9.30 - 12:00 EDT
- 2.30 - 5.00 pm BST
- 15:30 – 18:00 pm CEST.
- €30/$35 - Supported rate
- €45/$50 - Standard rate
- €60/$70 - Sponsor rate
- €75/$90 - Patron rate
This course is offered on a tiered fee basis – please choose the fee which is the most appropriate for your given your current circumstances.
- Since this is being offered to meet the requirements for continuing education hours with Yoga Alliance, we encourage US based yoga teachers to pay at least the standard rate.
- If you would like to pay in USD, please click here to make your payment, this will open a new tab/window to allow you to make your US dollar payment.
- Once on the US payment page, you will need to type in the rate option most appropriate to your circumstances. These will be listed in the dropdown menu and are as described above.
- Then, come back to this page, using the tab at the top , click on 'register' and select the 'US Paypal' option.
- If you do not use the link above to make your payment, please simply register using the US Paypal option and please allow up to 3 days to receive your email with instructions letter.
- The price includes a fee for the teacher, no additional dana will be requested.
- If you are unable to afford the supported rate please let us know. We will make sure that no one is turned away because of lack of funds
CHRISTINA FELDMAN is a co-founder of Gaia House and a guiding teacher at Insight Meditation Society, Barre, Massachussetts. The author of a number of books, she has been teaching insight meditation retreats internationally since 1976. She is one of the teaching faculty of the CPP programme, dedicated to the study and application of the early teachings of the Buddha and is engaged in teaching the Buddhist psychological foundations of mindfulness to those training to teach mindfulness-based applications in England, Belgium and the Netherlands. Her most recent book Mindfulness: Ancient Wisdom Meets Modern Psychology, written with Willem Kuyken, was published in the summer of 2019.