Essential Booking Information: Please read before booking.
Module and retreat guidelines – your commitment
To enable Bodhi College to establish a supportive atmosphere and environment for practice and study during our courses, it is essential that all participants understand the following guidelines. Please:
- Support the practice atmosphere as outlined by teachers and the venues.
- Be sensitive towards all living beings and commit to a non-harming relationship to all life.
- Take only that which is clearly given.
- Refrain from consuming alcohol or recreational drugs on any course.
- Abstain from all sexual contact during the modules or retreats.
- Attend the full module, retreat or programme. Continuity and steadiness are essential factors in the deepening of practice, and a support to your fellow participants.
- Discuss with your teacher and inform the module host or retreat co-ordinators if you need to leave the module for any unexpected or urgent reason.
Making a booking
- All bookings are provisional until you have received confirmation from Bodhi College. This may happen immediately or after an application has been approved and a deposit paid, depending on the course type.
- Please book only one ticket type for each course, unless you are booking for additional people.
- Pay a deposit or in full to secure your place. (For some short courses the deposit option is not available.)
- If you pay a deposit, you are required to pay the balance through the ‘Make a Payment’ page no later than 4 weeks before the module or programme starts.
- You will be reminded to make the balancing payment by way of invoice nearer the time.
- Should you not make this payment, your place will be released.
- For each booking we need to know your full name, address, telephone number, email address, age, gender, and any medical condition that may affect your stay. Please read our Privacy Statement.
- If you need specific help to come on retreat or are unable to book online, please contact our bookings administrator on: +44 (0) 1626 897636 available Monday to Thursday from 10 am til 1pm (GMT +1).
Booking for more than one person or more than one course:
- Check event details to find out if you are able to book for more than one person at a time.
- Please complete each form in full as we cannot cross-refer booking information.
How to book by telephone
- Please phone us on +44 (0) 1626 897636 and have your credit/debit card details ready.
- Bookings can be made by phone Monday to Thursday from 10am til 1pm (GMT +1).
- We accept payments from Solo/Maestro/Visa Debit cards.
- Please pay by debit card where possible as Bodhi College incurs substantial bank charges when payments are made by credit card.
- If the line is busy, please leave a message and we will return your call as soon as possible.
Paying for courses
- Bodhi College is a European organisation, with a bank account based in the UK that can receive both Euro (€) and Sterling (£) deposits.
- Courses held in continental Europe are priced in Euro (€), and in the UK in Sterling (£). Deposit payments will be requested via Debit or Credit Card.
- If you are booking on a UK course from outside the UK, you can use a debit or credit card to pay the Pounds Sterling (£/GBP) course fee, whilst being charged in your local currency. (Please note: your card provider may apply a currency exchange charge).
- If you do not have a debit or credit card, a Direct Bank or SEPA transfer to the UK may be possible. Before you pay in this way, please contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For courses in continental Europe, you can use a debit or credit card or Paypal to pay the course fee in Euro €, whilst being charged in your local currency. (Please note: your card provider may apply a currency exchange charge). You may also pay by SEPA bank transfer by contacting email@example.com.
Deposits and payments
- Please pay in full at least one month before the event begins, or your place may be cancelled and offered to someone on the waiting list.
- Extended programme payments: Please do not pay for either the Committed Practitioners’ Programme or the Secular Dharma extended programme until your application has been approved.
- Your application may be missed as a result of trying to pay, and any refund will incur a £25/30€ administration charge.
- Deposit payments are not available for some of the shorter courses, where we request full payment in advance. This helps us manage our cash-flow and administration needs.
- Young people: No bookings can be made online for anyone under the age of 16: please contact us for further information.
- Travel Arrangements: Please do not make any travel arrangements until after you receive confirmation of your booking. Bodhi College cannot be held liable for travel costs.
- Weather Conditions: If you have to cancel due to adverse weather conditions our standard cancellation fees (below) still apply.
- Booking conditions may be subject to alteration.
Changes to your booking
- Once your booking has been confirmed, please make changes only if absolutely necessary.
- All changes will be subject to a £25/30€ admin fee.
- Changing your course: transferring bookings, payments or deposits from one event to another is not possible.
- If you wish to change your booking to a different course you need to cancel the old one and book the new one.
- Cancellation fees apply.
- All changes must be received in writing. Changes will be effective from the date of written confirmation being received.
Cancellations and withdrawals
Late cancellations or withdrawals may lead to empty places on courses, even if there is a waiting list. This means that Bodhi College could lose income on courses budgeted narrowly, while still being liable for bank charges and administration costs. For this reason, Bodhi College has the following cancellation and withdrawal policy for confirmed places:
Fees and refunds
To avoid the need for cancellation please ensure you are clear about your dates and costs before you book on a course.
Cancellation more than 2 months before the course start date:
- For in-person single module bookings: a cancellation fee of £75/85€ applies.
- For in-person extended programmes, cancellations will incur a fee of 25% of the deposit amount.
- For online courses and retreats, cancellations will be subject to a £25/30€ admin fee.
Cancellation between 1 and 2 months before the course start date:
- For all in-person programme or module bookings with a deposit, the deposit will be lost.
- For all other in-person courses, cancellations will incur a fee of 50% of the total cost, with a minimum fee of £100/110€.
- For online courses and retreats, cancellations will be subject to a £25/30€ admin fee.
Cancellation less than 1 month before the course start date:
- For all in-person programme or course bookings, the deposit will be lost and any unpaid balance will be billed, unless the place can be filled.
- For online courses and retreats, cancellations will incur a fee of £50/50€ depending on which currency the course is priced in.
Withdrawal from online courses and retreats after the programme has started:
- The deposit/fee will be lost and any unpaid balance billed
Withdrawal from an extended programme:
- Withdrawal from an extended programme after it has begun will require the first year’s fees and 25% of the second-year fees to be paid, or the real costs to Bodhi College of any remaining modules – whichever is greater.
- Cancellations must be made in writing and only be accepted from the named participant and not from third parties.
- Any refunds may take up to 5 working days to be processed
- Bodhi College reserves the right to cancel any bookings that are deemed unsuitable or inappropriate
- All cancellation fees, minus a £25/€30 administration charge, go into the Student Bursary Fund to help those of limited means attend future courses.
- At their discretion, the Bodhi College board may waive cancellation or withdrawal fees in exceptional circumstances. Requests should to be made by letter, addressed to the Chair of the board, c/o The Operations Director, setting out why you needed to cancel your booking.
- Covid Cancellation Policy for 2022 Courses: All of our in-person short courses for 2022 are refundable should you be unable to attend due to nationally imposed Covid restrictions where you live or where the course is located. We need at least a week’s notice before the course start date for this.In the event of catching Covid (or any other illness) or being quarantined as a close contact, we will unfortunately not be able to offer compensation. We strongly advise you to take out personal travel insurance and check what this covers.
- All our venues offer a healthy vegetarian diet. However we cannot guarantee that they can meet specific dietary needs. Therefore if you have specific dietary needs, please contact the venue directly to check that they can accommodate you.
Access for people with disabilities
- As far as possible, Bodhi College wishes to work with venues able to cater for different abilities.
- Some centres used by Bodhi College may have limited access for people in wheelchairs or with restricted mobility. You are welcome to contact us to discuss your needs, but please contact the venue directly to ensure it is suitable for you, before booking a course.
- It may be possible in some cases for a carer to stay free of charge to support a participant who needs personal care. Please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 1626 897636 for more information.
- A limited Student Bursary Fund may be available to help students of limited means to attend courses.
If you have any other queries associated with bookings, please contact us, and we will be happy to help.