Bodhi College: Early Buddhist Teaching for Today
Bodhi College is a unique educational organisation dedicated to contemplative learning. Our inspiration stems from the Dharma as found in the earliest Buddhist texts. We focus on offering an in-depth exploration of these teachings that is not usually possible in a traditional silent retreat setting.
We have a core faculty and visiting faculty of senior Dharma teachers. Our residential and non-residential courses and programmes take place in a number of different venues in the UK and mainland Europe. We also offer popular online courses that are available to practitioners all over the world.
Over the past forty years, a growing number of people from all walks of life have been drawn to Buddhist ideas, values and practices. With the introduction of mindfulness into healthcare, education, business and other fields, Buddhist meditation is now entering the mainstream of modern societies to an unprecedented degree.
Bodhi College offers an ethical and philosophical framework for practising meditation and the Dharma in the context of our secular age and culture.
Our courses draw on the early teachings of the Buddha before they became codified into the doctrines of the different Buddhist traditions.
The college is non-sectarian and unaligned with any Buddhist orthodoxy or particular school. While making use of modern critical scholarship, our intentions are pragmatic rather than academic. We offer a contemplative education that inspires students to integrate Dharma values into all aspects of their daily lives.
We welcome Buddhists and non-Buddhists alike, people of any faith or none, and those who use mindfulness for its therapeutic value, as much as those for whom meditation is part of their religious practice.
- Black Lives Matter – response from the faculty here.
- Suggested summer reading from the faculty can be found here.
- Thinking Out Loud – weekly online sessions extended until end of June. Click here to register.
- Extended programme Secular Dharma open for applications here
- Extended programme Committed Practitioners Programme open for applications here
- Newsletter about online offerings from us in response to the corona outbreak
- Response to corona outbreak (COVID-19) from Bodhi College
- Winter newletter out now
- Bodhi College Day of Celebration and Discovery: Early Buddhism for Today Click here to receive recordings of this event
- 2020 Programme open for bookings
- Past newsletters available here
- Sign up for our Email Newsletter.
- Resources: Articles and Reading Lists.